Amrit Bharat Express: Amrit Bharat Express is a new service of Indian Railways that operates as a non-AC Sleeper Cum Unreserved Class service for long-distance travel. It is designed to be affordable, comfortable, and fast. The trainset consists of two locomotives and 22 coaches and can accommodate about 1,800 passengers. The trainset can run at a maximum speed of 130 km/h, but the actual speed may vary depending on the track conditions and traffic. The first two Amrit Bharat Express trains were inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 30, 2023, from Ayodhya Dham Junction. The first service will start from Darbhanga to Anand Vihar Terminal in New Delhi on January 1, 2024. Other routes are planned to be introduced in the future.
Some additional information about Amrit Bharat Express are:
- The trainset has an eye-catching orange and grey appearance and is equipped with a WAP5 locomotive at each end.
- The trainset uses push-pull technology to maintain consistent speeds and to eliminate the need to switch the locomotive at terminal stations, thereby reducing travel time.
- The trainset is also equipped with jerk-free technology, CCTV cameras, bio-vacuum toilets, sensor-based water taps, a passenger information system, and other features to enhance the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- The ticket fares of Amrit Bharat Express are expected to be lower than the existing trains of similar class and distance.
How can I book a ticket for Amrit Bharat Express?
- For online mode, you need to visit the official portal of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) or use the IRCTC mobile app. Online tickets save a lot of time and hassle.
- For offline mode, you need to visit the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) at any railway station. You can also book the ticket through authorized agents or travel agencies.
The ticket fares of Amrit Bharat Express are expected to be lower than the existing trains of similar class and distance. The minimum fare for travelling on the Amrit Bharat Express trains for a distance of up to 50 kilometres is Rs 35 for the second-class coach and Rs 65 for the sleeper class. The fare is exclusive of a reservation fee, supplementary charge for Superfast trains, Goods and Service Tax (GST) etc. which will be levied additionally.
I hope this information helps you plan your journey on the Amrit Bharat Express. Have a nice day! 😊