Breaking News Right Now: Here are some of the breaking news stories from around the world right now:
- In the UK, snooker legend Ronnie O’Sullivan has shared his views on preparing for death by practising a Swedish concept called “döstädning” or “death cleaning”. He says that he has stopped accumulating stuff and started shedding what he has, as he believes that one can’t take anything with them when they die.
- In India, a new study has shown how antimatter responds to gravity, confirming Einstein’s theory of general relativity. The researchers used a device called ALPHA-g to measure the gravitational mass of antihydrogen atoms and found that they fall at the same rate as normal matter.
- In Australia, two medical professionals with opposing views on industrial action, taxes and the NHS have dined together as part of a series that aims to bridge the political divide. They discussed their differences and tried to find some common ground over a meal.
- In Russia, air defence units have shot down seven Ukrainian drones over the southern Belgorod region, according to the regional governor. The incident comes amid rising tensions between the two countries over the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Breaking News Right Now: From China
- In China, the country’s aggressive expansionist behaviour in the Indo-Pacific region has been a major topic of discussion at a military conference in New Delhi. Army chiefs from 18 countries have emphasized the need for greater collaboration to counter China’s threats in the South China and East China Seas, as well as the land frontier with India.
Also, read How can I improve my sleep quality?