News Headlines Today
Here are some of the latest news headlines from India and around the world:
- The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has decided to end its operations in India, effective from Sunday, an official statement said on Saturday. Citing a lack of support from the Indian government and the Taliban regime, the embassy said it was unable to continue its diplomatic functions.
Also, read Breaking News Right Now
- Indian High Commissioner to the UK, Vikram Dorwaiswami, was blocked from entering a gurdwara in the city of Glasgow by pro-Khalistan extremists on Friday. Therefore, The protesters demanded the release of Jagtar Johal, a British citizen who is accused of involvement in targeted killings in Punjab.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) on Saturday announced that its Aditya-L1 spacecraft has successfully journeyed beyond 9.2 lakh kilometres from Earth, effectively escaping our planet’s sphere of influence. The spacecraft, which was launched on August 15, 2023, is India’s first mission to study the Sun.
Also, read How do I optimize my website for SEO?
- The US government is likely to go into a shutdown this weekend as Congress looks set to miss the Saturday deadline to fund federal agencies. The shutdown could affect millions of Americans who rely on government services such as student loans, social security, and health care.
- Olympic silver medalist weightlifter Mirabai Chanu could not get a podium finish in the women’s 49 kg category at the Asian Games in Jakarta on Saturday. She lifted a total of 192 kg, which was 4 kg less than her personal best. She finished fourth behind China’s Hou Zhihui, who won the gold with a world record of 213 kg.
- Kris Jenner turned her own estate into the “happiest place on earth” for Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker’s Disney-themed baby shower on Friday. The event featured a giant Mickey Mouse balloon arch, a Cinderella carriage cake, and personalized Disney ears for the guests.